The primary focus of Te Putea is on education, training and research including matters that relate to fisheries, fishing and fisheries-related activities.
The Trust must be made available as widely as possible and give regard to:
- Māori who do not associate with their iwi or do not receive
benefits from a mandated iwi organisation.
- the extent to which mandated iwi organisations are providing similar benefits.
By 31 October 2009, Te Putea Whakatupu Trust will have received $20 million from Te Ohu. Until this amount is reached, Te Ohu will fund the activities of Te Putea Whakatupu Trust up to a maximum of $1 million annually.
For further information, go to:
- Te Putea Whakatupu Annual Plan 2006-2007 (PDF - 300kb)
- Te Putea Whakatupu Strategic Plan 2006-2011 (PDF - 466kb)
- Te Putea Whakatupu Constitution (PDF - 126KB)
- Te Putea Whakatupu Trust Deed (PDF - 136KB)
- Part 2, Subpart 4 of the Māori Fisheries
- Media releases on the launch of Te Putea Whakatupu Trust.