Director positions – Moana New Zealand
22 April 2020
Te Ohu Kaimoana (the Māori Fisheries Trust) is seeking interest from qualified and experienced candidates to fill vacancies on the Board of Moana New Zealand.
Moana New Zealand is the leading Māori seafood company in Aotearoa, owned by iwi organisations and Te Ohu Kaimoana. It maximises the Māori fisheries assets owned by iwi and delivers growth in shareholder wealth through maintaining a strong seafood business.
Moana New Zealand operates across the entire seafood spectrum from catching, processing and distributing fresh and frozen wetfish products domestically and internationally. It is the country’s leading processor of paua products and operates aquaculture interests specialising in Pacific Oysters.
In addition to its own extensive fisheries operations Moana New Zealand is a 50% owner in Sealord Group Ltd. Directly and through its subsidiaries Moana New Zealand employs more than 450 people throughout New Zealand.
The role of the Board is to provide the leadership, governance, guidance and accountability for the performance of Moana New Zealand in particular, but not limited to:
- Strategy – development, articulation and execution
- Culture – reflective of high performance and high values
- Relationships – consistently meeting customer and stakeholder expectations
- Organisation – effective and efficient; fit for purpose
- Innovation and leadership
- Partnership formation – mergers of interests to create value and realise development opportunities.
The Board is comprised of directors that as a group contain the skills, knowledge and the experience listed below, but not limited to:
- Board/Governance experience
- Strategy, planning and execution; including product to market channels
- Fishing industry knowledge and experience
- Human resources; including superior talent identification, recruitment and retention
- Financial planning, monitoring, capital raising and balance sheet management
- Iwi networks and knowledge of te reo Māori and tikanga Māori
- Commercial development (M&A) execution including JV formation and management