Are you looking for a fresh role for 2022? – join our fisheries policy team!
Do you have the drive and passion to truly make a difference for iwi, now and for the future? We are currently recruiting for two policy superstars to join our fisheries policy team at Te Ohu Kaimoana.
About the roles
Build on your ability to lead and engage with iwi and other stakeholders and the Crown, to protect and ensure the sustainable utilisation of Tangaroa – both for today and for generations to come.
- Policy Analyst: This position is a unique opportunity to work with iwi and Māori fishing organisations across Aotearoa. You will have the chance to continue your work in fisheries management, contributing to the health of Tangaroa by promoting tino rangatiratanga of iwi. This role requires you to provide robust policy advice, conduct research and analysis, develop briefing paper’s and build key stakeholder relationships.
- Senior Policy Analyst: This position stands out from the rest and requires you to manage projects, report on and present your work in various forums, combining research, analysis, and advice.
Your role will see you working for a kaupapa Māori organisation, embodying the values of:
- Whakapapa: Protecting our whakapapa rights and in turn fulfilling our obligations and responsibilities to Tangaroa and our people
- Rangatiratanga: Encouraging and supporting autonomy, leadership, participation, and engagement of our people
- Manaakitanga: Uplifting, supporting and protecting the rights and aspirations of our people
- Kotahitanga: Connecting and bringing our people together. Being united and acting in the interests of our people
- Kaitiakitanga Protecting and ensuring the sustainable utilisation of Tangaroa for today and for the generations to come
- Hihiritanga: Embodying the adaptability, imagination and innovation of our tupuna to guide us in our challenges and new opportunities in the future
Click on the links below for more information on each role.
- Policy Analyst: https://bit.ly/3oBXIsf
- Senior Policy Analyst: https://bit.ly/3DEfp0N