We would like to take this time to thank those who provided feedback on this kaupapa.
The key points of our response
- Fisheries New Zealand needs to manage the recreational sector within its allowance to uphold the integrity of the TAC settings.
- Better information is required from the recreational sector to inform fisheries management.
- Consultations being undertaken by the government should align with the wider reform agenda taking place in the oceans and fisheries space.
Our key proposals
- Combining the daily bag limit for finfish species.
- Differential bag limits in the North and South Island.
- Setting a bag limit for baitfish.
- Setting a daily bag limit for Southern Bluefin by regulation