Te Ohu Kaimoana Annual Plan 2024
6 Whiringa-ā-rangi 2023
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Plan and Budget for Te Ohu Kaimoana and Takutai Trust for 2024; covering key priorities and key performance indicators determined for the period of 1 Whiringa-ā-nuku 2023 – 30 Mahuru 2024 (1 October 2023 – 30 September 2024).
This year is the third year of our five-year strategic plan, building on the progress from last financial year to broaden our work programme in order to give effect to our vision of thriving whānau determining their relationship with Tangaroa.
To give effect to the strategy, and by changing the way we work, this annual plan will contribute to Te Ohu Kaimoana becoming an organisation that:
- Leads the agenda by influencing policy and decisions related to moana for the benefit of iwi and Aotearoa.
- Reflects the views of iwi, and ensuring they feel valued and represented. We will be more visible throughout Aotearoa.
- Demonstrates that we are conscious, creative and innovative in the way we think and act.
- Is a voice for the moana.
- Is an organisation that unites iwi.
Of course, Te Ohu Kaimoana will continue to undertake its statutory functions under the Maori Fisheries Act 2004 and the Maori Commercial Aquaculture Claims Settlement Act 2004, to support iwi and their aspirations for the moana, and supporting the Crown to discharge its settlement obligations under both Acts.
There are a number of significant pieces of work that we will progress this year, including the development of Te Kawa o te Moana, a number of national and regional wānanga with iwi, more visible collaboration with kāhui (fisheries settlement) entities, and preparing for the implementation of amendments to the Maori Fisheries Act. These will require significant engagement with iwi, and we look forward to advancing these matters together.