Keen to join a proud Māori institution, rich with whakapapa and history? Passionate about the protection of Māori rights and interests? Tono mai.
Your new company
Te Ohu Kaimoana was established in 1989, and is renowned within Māoridom for both upholding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and protecting the Deed of Settlement (Māori Fisheries Settlement); the first pan-iwi Treaty Settlement signed between Māori and the Crown in 1992.
Te Ohu Kaimoana provides the knowledge, expertise and resources to support iwi across a range of services in relation to the ocean. We are facilitators and a trusted partner that brings 58 iwi together from across Aotearoa with a focus on delivering results by creating commonality that is making a positive and sustainable impact for whānau today, tomorrow and future generations.
Your new role
Are you seeking a rewarding part-time role that offers diversity, challenge and professional growth? This organisation needs an HR expert with the knowledge, resourcefulness and mahi to support the leadership team in all HR matters, including payroll, performance and development, recruitment, health, safety and wellbeing and employee relations. You will be able to build relationships and achieve results while embracing kaupapa Māori values.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 7 years’ experience in generalist Human Resources or management with relevant qualifications
- Proven skills in relationship building and ability to influence and develop
- Motivation to be part of a close-knit whānau making a difference
What you’ll get in return
- Working for a meaningful and purposeful organisation with a collaborative team culture
- Great opportunity for someone looking for part-time work and only a minute’s walk from the train station
- Flexible working environment and excellent income, health and life insurance benefits
What you need to do now